- What inspired the name of the band and what are your influences?
The main inspiration for Rozu was it being the Japanese word for the rose. We have all been in a number of projects that failed, and we wanted this band to be THE band for us. We are a blooming rose forming from a pile of dirt. Our main influences are Underoath, Wage War, Like Moths To Flames, and The Plot In You.
- How do you approach songwriting? Are there any themes that you are keen to explore when you start off?
We don’t necessarily go to themes instrumentally but more so of a feel. How are we feeling today? Let’s bring out these feelings in the form of art. Lyrically we get the feel of the song then write about that emotion that we feel from it. I would say if we had any theme it is about positivity or finding the light in dark shitty situations or feelings.
- Why do you write the sort of music that you do?
For us we have just always been drawn to this music and the raw energy and emotion it brought to us as kids just listening to our heroes. We want to push the boundary and expand this genre as much as we can while dabbling with other sub genres.
- How do you decide what songs to perform live and how do you transpose them into that live setting?
Really when it comes down to it, we just want to play the songs that A. have gotten good reactions from their release and B. which ones have the most energy and will fill a room with all these emotions and energy. Transposing that to a live setting makes it super easy and exciting for us.
- What are your plans for the future?
Currently we are in the final stages of finishing our album. We are planning some tours for winter and looking to hit the road very hard in 2020.