I sat down with Danny from The Heretic Order to talk about the band, the new album and the upcoming tour:
1. What inspired the name and formation of the band?
“Our first album came out in 2015, and before that when we formed we were looking for names that suited the type of music we played, and with our lyrics being about the Occult, the darkside of humanity we settled on The Heretic Order. As for influences, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Pantera and Slipknot have been some big ones for us.”
2. Where do you find inspiration for songs?
“Historical characters, history that has strange origins, horror movies, the occult. Things that were historically omitted from the Bible, that sort of thing.”
3. How do you approach recording? Did that change during this record?
“I write the lyrics and the music, then we get together as a band and learn our parts and go from there.”
4. What’s your favourite song?
“No outright favourite, though Scourge of God is a memorable one, to me it’s our Powerslave, epic, pure metal.”
5. What plans do you have for the future?
“We’re touring the UK in the summer, playing festivals such as Bloodstock, and then we shall see how things go.”